View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, that wasn't my argument. I never said she didn't like TISL. I said that she gets bitter and resentful when an album doesn't sell and that trigger response of hers about fans stealing her music reinforced my belief that she accuses when sales are low.
I didn't say that you said she doesn't like 'TISL' (yikes, that sentence made my head hurt). Your argument, as I understood it, was that she only dislikes an album if it doesn't sell well. I cited 'TISL' as an example to the contrary -- an album that didn't sell well, yet she still loves and is proud of.

Perhaps, though, I misunderstood what exactly it was that you were saying. You're not arguing that she only dislikes an album if it doesn't sell -- you're saying she's inclined to dislike certain albums from the very start, and only bites her tongue if they become a hit. Am I understanding that correctly?

If that is the case, then it seems like quite an assumption to me. However, I'm certainly making assumptions of my own here as well. We're both looking at the same examples, we're just forming two very different opinions.