View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
No, that wasn't my argument. I never said she didn't like TISL. I said that she gets bitter and resentful when an album doesn't sell and that trigger response of hers about fans stealing her music reinforced my belief that she accuses when sales are low. You were saying we don't have enough instances of her condemning low selling records, but I think we do and I think her general attitude, the one that allows low sales to depress her, makes her want to lash out and blame someone or something for it.

As for her not having been pleased with the album already, I think that if the exact same album had great sales, then she would not dislike it, not publicly.

People think her tunes on Tango were very weak. We learned that she complained about not being on the album (from Mick) and she talked about the recording experience being a bad one once she showed up at the trailer. I can't imagine she liked TITN when it was made, but it's not an album on her hate list. I think she would hate that album if it hadn't sold. But it sold well and she doesn't complain about it. Other than its sales, I would think Tango has very little to recommend itself to Stevie. Gold records help ease disappointment.

Michele
Sometimes we like to believe our rock stars are deeper than what they are. When it comes to album sales, Stevie is about as deep as a raindrop. But reality has to already set in. She's not going to sale that many albums anymore.