View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I am very interested in the process of making music - that quite often fascinates me more than anything else, even if it's 'nerdy'.

Great questions and answers, and he talks quite a lot starting at around 7:30 about working with Mick Fleetwood in the studio on some of his own recent work. I thought the first time they met would've been at end of last FM tour in 2015, but apparently they'd run into each other one time before that.

It seems like there are signs of good working partnership. At heart I think he takes the music seriously but he also likes to have some fun and I think Mick would enjoy his sense of humour and spontaneity. That's something they could probably do with a bit more of at FM shows. It used to be a feature in their earlier days.

(There's some talk about how the second Crowded House album didn't get as good a reception as the first. I guess I'm in the smaller crowd of people who probably liked the second one better!)
I too adore the 2nd Crowded House album "Temple of Low Men." I think it was a let down for the band as it didn't have a huge hit like "Don't Dream It's Over" from the debut album. "Better Be Home Soon" was expected to be the big hit on the 2nd album, but it didn't do as well as expected although it's become a staple for Neil over the years. The 2nd album has "Love This Life" which is one of my favorite Neil songs. "Love This Life" has a great lyric (about embracing the chaos and pain of life) and an incredible Finn melody.

"Maybe the day will come
When I'll never have to feel pain
But after all my complaining
I'm gonna love this life
Love this life."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mxY5SDdkwN4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>