View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As far as her career, McVie said Fleetwood Mac will return to Los Angeles the day after the inaugural performance to start preliminary work on a new album, with guitarist Billy Burnette continuing in Buckingham's place.

The recording date resolves uncertainties that have existed since McVie and Nicks retired as full-time members after a 1990 concert tour. At the time, the two said that while they would not tour with the band, they would be on board for another album. But that has been up in the air until now.

McVie admits that there's a certain amount of excited nervousness about resuming her work with "the Mac," and said that she and Nicks may even appear at selected concerts with the group in the future. But that nervousness is nothing compared to her feelings about the inaugural appearance.
This is interesting...

I really wish Billy hadn't quit at that moment. (I still assume the whole innaugration thing left a bad taste in his mouth.) It would've been interesting to see if they would've done an album as a quartet. Or was Stevie, at least in Christine's mind, still part of that equation? Also, I wonder if Dave Mason hadn't been added if she would've played a few shows with the revamped line-up.

THE Stephen Hopkins