View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah on other forums i saw a number of posts from Neil Finn fans who hated his turn with FM, felt he was muzzled and not anything like what they love about him live, and they couldn't wait for him to go on the road on his own terms.
Reminds me of my reaction to Rick Vito. I didn’t think anything he did with Fleetwood Mac from 1987 to 1990 was all that terrific—except for one single plaintive little number called “I Loved Another Woman,” where the Fleetwood Mac contraption was shut down for three or four minutes and let this one guy sing from his guts. But that was it—three minutes in the whole show that were believable as an expression of musical emotion.

However, when I later saw Rick play guitar and sing, first for Bonnie Raitt and second for Stevie Nicks, it was like night and day. He was so much studlier as a guitar player with those two acts than he had ever been in Fleetwood Mac. He took control of the songs for Bonnie and Stevie and opened them up like a sports car on an empty highway. In Fleetwood Mac, he was just driving the limousine.

moviekinks.blogspot.com