View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
BUT, the story that's out there is actually that STEVIE was the one who issued an ultimatum-- "it's either me or him"-- to the band, not Lindsey.
I’m in no way disillusioned here. I don’t doubt that she issued that final ultimatum but my point is, she did not wake up and say “hey let’s break up the band today and ruin LB’s life for sh*ts & giggles”. She may not always like him but she knows full well that keeping the whole band together is the best thing to do financially, creatively, and for PR purposes. They all know that. So sh*t really had to hit the fan to get 4/5 FM members to just give up and move on without such a vital part of the band. While none of us actually know what the final fight was that caused them to actually go through with something this drastic, it’s been said by multiple people that the drama was sparked by LB wanting to postpone the upcoming FM tour to focus on his solo project. Which is backed up by the fact that he is indeed in the studio currently working on his solo album. Clearly that’s not the whole cause because if it was, they’d just announce that Lindsey won’t be joining them on this specific tour due to scheduling conflicts. Instead they came out and said flat-out that LB is no longer in the band and that it’s “final” and “firm”, leading me to believe that the disagreement ended up becoming far deeper and more personal than just the schedule issue. I assume the ensuing argument over the schedule started an even bigger fight and all the lingering resentment and bitterness just came to a head.
Either way, I don’t believe that any one band member is entirely at fault and I fail to see any possible scenario where LB isn’t somewhat complicit in the drama that lead up to this. There’s no “hero” or “villain” here. There’s 5 very imperfect, petty, difficult people who constantly make each other miserable and have never been able to fully co-exist peacefully. This situation sucks but if they can’t tour all together, they can’t tour all together. I’m not going to tell them to break up. There’s still lots of fans that love the girls and while it’s not preferential, would still rather see 4/5 members than never see them again.