View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hell no!

The thought of seeing actors recreating Fleetwood Mac's Rumours era is an interesting and entertaining, yet cringe-worthy notion. I can't imagine that any of the band members would be pleased seeing themselves being portrayed and characterized by actors, as particular incidents from their past are dramatized. Nor do I see any of them wanting any involvement with such a tabloid-like undertaking. It could be their Spinal Tap, with their personalities perceived as parody.

Since the narrative would likely focus on the most dramatic moments in their history, it would just be another form/expansion of the ceaseless pandering Stevie has sustained for thirty-something years. It sounds like a cheesy/soppy project someone might attempt 20 years from now, when all members of the band dead or too old to care.

As a matter of reverence, and integrity, wouldn't be more preferable to have a serious, comprehensive documentary featuring the scope of the band's entire history, with real footage, and real people (band members, producers, associates, friends and family etc...)? I would like a big scholarly book about them (and their individual back stories), penned by a talented and informed scribe.

(Sue understands. Hi Sue!).

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-15-2014 at 08:51 AM..