View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes...it's available (still, I think) as an import...both "French Kiss" & "Three Hearts" on one CD.

"Three Hearts" definitely followed in the "French Kiss" vein, they almost sound like they were recorded all at once. Even the covers keep a similar theme going.

Some trivial thoughts & facts regarding "Three Hearts":

That little acoustic thing before "Devil Wind" is mainly Todd Sharp (at least, according to Bob's Q&A). I saw Welch a number of times between "French Kiss" and "Man Overboard" albums, Todd is amazing. To this day, his solos on "Future Games" & "Outskirts" from the Universal Amphitheatre show on the "French Kiss" tour give me goosebumps...and that's just from MEMORY...I'd really like to hear a good recording from that show again.

"Don't Wait Too Long" is the re-recorded song originally titled "Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" that was dropped from "Mystery To Me" at the last minute in favor of "For Your Love".

Quote:
I Saw Her Standing There - I liked his version of this Beatles song, and I don't like em! LOL
I just don't understand how ANYONE could NOT like the Beatles. I guess my age is showing.

There were extended 12" single "disco mixes" of "Precious Love" & "Here Comes The Night". The Beach Boys also re-recorded a "disco" version of their 1967 song "Here Comes The Night" for a 12" single...NOT the same song, however.

"China" was written by Bob FOR, and originally recorded BY, Sammy Hagar, on his "Red" album...it was originally titled "China Eyes", but Bob said that he had enough songs with "Eyes" in the title, so he dropped the "Eyes".

"Ghost of Flight 401", Bob said it was the third in his "trilogy" of paranormal songs..."Hypnotized" & "Bermuda Triangle" were the other two. But, there were a few paranormal themed songs on both Paris albums, and subsequent albums, too, but I guess he didn't consider those related to the "three".

"Come Softly To Me"...kind of ironic that Bob Welch & Christine McVie, a couple of members of "Fleetwood Mac", would cover a song originally done by "The Fleetwoods".

As on "French Kiss", Gene Page did the orchestral arrangements for "Three Hearts". He did all the orchestrations for all the early/mid '60's Motown hits, too.