View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't see how a reconciliation could give anyone emotional peace when it wouldn't mean anything, when we know -- and Lindsey should know -- they don't mean it. There's no there there.

After Tango there were bitter comments. There were bitter comments after Chris left in 1997 too. But I told myself the jabs were motivated by a sense of hurt and betrayal. This time, I think they're simply heartless, selfish people. If you don't reach out to someone after they've had a life-threatening episode, then you could never really have cared about them at all, deep down.

You know, I don't like Jerry Lewis and I loved Dean Martin. They were estranged for many years after Jerry Lewis, heady with his own stardom, began to minimize Martin's role in movies and push him out of their film partnership. After many years of estrangement, when Dean Martin's son died, Jerry went to the funeral and kept a low profile, so as not to call attention to himself. In Martin's time of sorrow, Lewis' core love for his old buddy was greater than all of the perceived resentments and years of feuding. The Fleetwood Four showed me there is no core love for Lindsey, almost dead or not.

I don't think there's anyone who has romanticized the chain as much as I have over the years. Heck, I watched Lindsey and John's handshake on the BTM video 50 times and cried over it, but I just couldn't delude myself into believing in any of it again, now that they have definitively proven so shallow. They didn't reach out then, so what they do in the future can never matter much. I'll always think it phony. They might make public amends someday and I'll be there for it. I want the attention for Lindsey. I want him to enjoy a stadium again. I want him to perform before thousands, not just hundreds. I'll watch the five of them together on a stage at an awards show, in a documentary, but I won't believe there's any emotion involved, nothing that penetrates any deeper than the sound of applause.

As for Kristen, normally, in a settlement agreement there would be a clause where you agree not to disparage and that is binding on your family and representatives as well. It's just standard. Clearly, there was no such clause in Lindsey's settlement agreement. He bargained to keep it out. I have to assume that he backs Kristen's posts 200% and more power to them. She has been quiet lately, but if their nonsense revs up again this fall, I hope she publicly comments like she did before.

It's bad enough thinking about Christine. I certainly don't want Lindsey eating crow to get them to throw him a bone.
100% agree with everything you said. This time is different. How a fake reconciliation can ease some fans' souls, I would never get it. They can't erase what they did with some concerts here and there in a couple of years. They left him alone with his thoughts about what he could have done wrong, and those moments of sadness probably contributed to his health scare. And they still didn't care.

They were supposed to be family, or at least close bandmates. If with a health scare they didn't reach out to him, nothing will move those rotten souls. Nothing.

We all probably be there if one day they decided to make amends, because of Lindsey. But it will mean nothing in terms of a true and heartfelt reconciliation.

In Nicks' own words, if you don't love me NOW, you will never love me again.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.