View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!
If anything, I thought GOS 2 was a peak. I was in no way disappointed with UTS when it came out, but my reaction to GOS 2 was so different that I realized that UTS had been lacking and I had not acknowledged it.

With these songs, I feel as good about the new album as I did with GOS2 and I just can't believe he is putting out two stellar albums in such a short time span. I'm sad that he's making music that is so much better than Rumours, but it will never be heard by anyone.

As for lyrics, yes I am into them most of all. However, with In Our Own Time, I think the guitar work is hot. I would enjoy that as just an instrumental.

Michele