View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 03:48 PM

While browsing in the Blue Letter Archive I found another quote by Stevie on Prince in which her recollection of the Prince night is a little different, in particular he picked her up not in Minneapolis but in New York:

You wanna hear a story about Prince? One time we played New York and he came and picked me up . . . he wanted to take me out to his house. Of course none of my people wanted to just let me go. Nine-thirty in the morning. We get in Prince's purple car. He was in his purple clothes too. Swear to God. I had halfway gotten out of my stage clothes, but I still had the skirt on, and tennis shoes . . . I get in his car, and we're, I kid you not, in Minnesota. We went down the freeway at 150 miles an hour. And I am, like, "We're gonna get pulled over. This is gonna look so bad. We're gonna get pulled over, Prince. We're going 150 miles an hour." So I went out and spent the day at his purple house. We kind of played around with a song for a little while, in his recording studio a little bit, and then he took me back to be at the Fleetwood Mac plane at, like, three o'clock in the afternoon. I made it back on time to take off and go to the next gig. But I swore we were gonna be pulled over. And how are we gonna . . . looking like we look . . . how are we going to get out of this one? What are we gonna say? We were, you know, we were just casually cruising out to your house, you know . . . at 150 miles an hour. Prince, we're gonna go to jail, both of us. He didn't care. He kept going. - Q104.3 Radio Interview 5/7/2001