View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you guys missed the point of what they were all saying. They, like many of Americans, like RR even though they disagreed, some vehemently, with his policies. I know this might sound strange to you guys, but many people think that. I am one. I did not like alot of things about RR, but I thought he was a nice, personable guy. That is what they were saying. They did not really go into whether the three panelist agreed with his social and economic policies. I mean they did talk about the fall of the Soviet Union, but although it was on its way down anyway, RR clearly had an effect on it. That is what they were saying. They also said he was sincere, which the vast majority of Americans believe and still believe. They cited many instances where RR essentially said "the buck stops here" and I take responsibility, an act sorely missed in the last two regimes I might add. In the end and again, I did not like RR social policies, but I liked him as a person and his death is the end of an era.

Yet, like everything else, the far left cannot be bothered with anything but bashing the bad and refuse to admit that almost all of RR political adversaries shared this view. They instead want people to come on during this memorial and say RR was widely hated criminal cocksucking mother ****er who ruined the country and would screw and then disembowel his own mother to get ahead - And that is sad to me because how do they know what these people think of RR and its just not true according to the vast majority of people who are entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong I or anyone else thinks they are. Moreover, to say people are insincere in their mourning is just tacky period and you all know it.

But, people will be people and who am I to keep them down.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 06-08-2004 at 01:40 PM..