View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHN View Post
I kind of doubt that we'll ever see it. We may eventually see the songs from it released somewhere down the line, but in a different way, much in the same way that Buckingham's solo projects tend to turn into Fleetwood Mac material. Maybe this will end up being the reverse with Fleetwood Mac material ending up on a Buckingham solo project.

My question for the band would be, however, is that if they cut a substantial amount of material in the studio last year (it often sounds like they cut more than just the 3-4 songs that are going to be released on this EP), then why not just put all of that together into an "album". If Stevie is underrepresented in the new material, maybe just get a couple of new songs of hers recorded and then add them to the mix. It may not end up as a particularly cohesive set of songs, but that didn't really detract too much from Say You Will, and at least since the material was done with Fleetwood Mac in mind, it might not sound like two solo albums thrown together.
This reflects the thinking behind my vote as well.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.