View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Why do fans of Green's always relegate to taking cheap shots at Stevie Nicks when others voice their opinions of the band without her?
Because it's usually the Stevie Nicks fans who say things like "it stopped being Fleetwood Mac after Stevie left." At least that's historically been the case. And, Homer's more of a Christine fan.

Quote:
The (unpleasant to some) reality is, by '95 the image of FM was cemented... and it's face was Stevie Nicks. Any deviation from that wouldn't be accepted by the general public.
I've been making that point for over ten years. Combined, at the time, I think Out Of The Cradle, Street Angel, and Time sold 350K copies. It's hard to place the blame of Time's lack of success on Stevie or Lindsey not being there. The Rumours band not only needed each other for some semblance of commercial success, they also needed the support of the record company and the media, which they got with The Dance. Without that, even if they had recorded one album at that time, it would probably still have tanked by Fleetwood Mac standards. And, Behind The Mask and SYW were about the same in sales, so I have a real hard time saying that Stevie, Lindsey, or Christine are individual saviors of Fleetwood Mac., that without them, Fleetwood Mac might as well pack them in.

THE Stephen Hopkins