View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
My exact sentiments. Why the hell she went the faux rock route I will never get. She is always a case of mostly wasted potential. Only with Lindsey's production did she get out of that trap. Sigh.
She was packaged that way. Paul Fishkin and the record company were concerned about her fairy image and that the public would never support her like that outside the presence of Fleetwood Mac. They marketed her as mainstream rock trying to give her credibility and the formula definitely worked. Her singing even changed to full vocal compared to whispers with the Mac..
She lost her way in more ways than one during the mid 80s and RAL. That album did anything but rock yet embraced cheezy mid 80s pop sounds that ruined the few good songs she actually wrote for the album.
Personally, I always thought she should have done an AC/DC type of album. I think there was a time her voice was so good for hard rock. Unfortunately we never got anything like that.