Thread: Moderators
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Okay, I don't know the story behind Pete/John, but in a somewhat extraordinary case like mine, I don't see why I can't just be given a new username, and the SteveMacD account be banned from posting. Again, if I had known the truth about my life a decade ago, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.
I can understand your need to break from a name that means nothing but pain to you now. Seeing it all of the time, every time you log in, is obviously very trying. You know we count on you and the other Steve (Chili) to keep us up to date on FM's history, so you would be terribly missed, but sometimes personal principles mean more than a music message board, so we'll know why you had to go.

I'm glad you were able to change all of your legal documents. I know people who have been through terrible divorces and having their own name restored was very liberating and not being able to do it on their official documents would have been a barrier to closure. So, I know that was $500 well spent for you.

Michele