View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
They are now a viral trending, Billboard Top 40 charting band again. Mick would be insane if he isn't sitting on his little island with dollar signs in his eyes thinking, "Stevie hates backlash and her solo career has slowed, Lindsey and I are on speaking terms, he is readying a solo album, Chris and John are still around... perhaps we politely retire this era and usher in a grand farewell tour. That'll bring in lots of money. Album. Live show. Tons of press. Tons and tons of money."

It's like the lead up from '92 to '97 all over again. I can see it clear as day. As much as I would hate to gag my way through the song and dance lovefest show again, the general public will eat it up - as will the new generation that have found them.

All thats left is the revelation that someone is working in a studio with Lindsey on something.
here's the deal - back in 1997 Stevie's career was in the toilet. she needed the Mac to pull her out and make her career viable again. now? she's on her legendary top. she is using huge draws like Harry Styles to stay relevant. and, by throwing out Lindsey and diminishing Christine, she's created illusion that she is the only frontwoman / singer /songwriter of Fleetwood Mac. that FM equals her. what she and many of her fans always dreamed of. so why would she want Lindsey back and diminish all that? similarly, solo she's on the top as she keeps reminding everyone at every turn. she's a legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yeah but Stevie is the stopper. She is working on a solo album and I doubt she is going to give it up for Fleetwood Mac. She has no time left. Plus she has to fit that Rhiannon project in.
exactly. she only talked about Lindsey because she wants to "wash herself clean" of all the crap that she all of the sudden realized is still sticking to her for what she did to him and for breaking up the band.

since she talked about Lindsey, Mick figured he can too. because he did her bidding and won't let her come out smelling like a dying flower she calls herself and put it all on him. so while she allegedly all of the sudden put together some completely offending note to Lindsey after reading all the hate thrown her way, Mick one-upped her describing the actual conversation he had when Lindsey called him after Peter died. Mick is keeping all his options open. his restaurant is letting go majority of the staff. he will probably go bankrupt again any day now.

now before we go too far down the vortex of reunion, i want to remind everyone that many people here thought that when ousting Lindsey was going on in the background, people here were having delusions about us not hearing anything because FM was secretly working on an album.

Lindsey was interviewed month after Peter's death on that zoom call. so after he presumably talked to Mick. he didn't have much to say about Stevie (he said one credit he had to give her is that she was always going for commercial success and unlike him she clearly saw that's only achievable by them moving to LA). but he was only talking about his solo plans, and timeline for the album and the tour. and how appreciative he is of the lucky life he has and his family in these crazy lockdown times. no talk about any band reunions.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"