View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
First of all, I'm glad we are on the same page Louie.

Also, Luke has a point. Everyone in Mac is 60+ and they haven't had a big hit album for over 10 years. They have to cut the crap and make something really noteworthy if they expect to match the Unleashed tour results... let alone surpass them. It's going to get harder and harder for them to be successful as time goes on just because they are fading more and more. As Stevie lovingly said on Destiny Rules, the typical Mac generation isn't "sitting around smoking dope and watching Billboard to see what they need to buy as their next record!" Even when Stevie and Mac's album quality has been questionable, they were still able to sell because they were somewhat current. They don't have that benefit anymore.

Which basically means that if they're going to put the work into getting another album out, they better as hell make it worth it. Because if they were disappointed with SYW sales, it's not going to be any better this time around. We all love them and will buy anything they put out without a question, but we are a very select group of people, people. They need to work ten times harder to make even a fraction of the impression that they used to make on the music scene. So cut the **** and get writing and recording! They can't go around doing greatest hits tours forever. I will follow this band to my grave so yes, I would be at those shows.... but I'd do it a bit spitefully if they let whatever is left of their creative potential go down the drain. They aren't getting any younger, either.
BRILLIANTLY stated!!!!