View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I don't like the engineering on most of the album. The treble is bolstered over the bottom end, the sonics are so overcompressed that your ears ring, the layering is too busy (things aren't delineated the way they were on Rumours and Mirage), the drums are weak (which might be a result of emptying out the bottom end), the panning is amateurish, and the cheesy phaser effects don't need to be there at all. Sounds like the entire damn thing was mixed by guys wearing headphones. (For Rumours, they mixed with top-quality speakers.) Say You Will doesn't lie across the entire stereo spectrum cleanly like the old Dashut and Caillat work. When you listen to it, you have to EQ it track by track to your liking—and that's only a partial fix. (The album totally sucks in the tightly confined cabin of your car, as you may have noticed.)

Too much clutter on each track, too, probably a result of high-processing computers with all their bits and bytes. Every hole is filled in with data.
Is that the Rumours with the drum sounds of cardboard and vocals that sound like they were recorded miles away from the microphone?