View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Maybe not. It depends on when the decision to fire him actually happened.

Buckingham confirms that, at a band meeting in late 2017 — shortly after a series of shows with McVie to promote their project, Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie — he asked for “three or four months extra” to do solo dates. There was “stonewalling,” he claims. “I left the meeting because there was nothing else to talk about.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/

The last LBCM show was in mid-November. So, that meeting was probably sometime in late November/early December. I think that was when Stevie, Mick, and Azoff decided Lindsey was gone.

And this is the key difference between the two situations. Stevie was working an album that was already out.

If we’re being honest, their solo careers are not equivalent. Stevie has a legitimate second mainstream career. She can play stadiums and large amphitheaters on her own. She’s part of two large machines and is responsible for the livelihoods of significantly more people. If she felt a certain momentum for one project, she has the right and obligation to see it through. She put the band on hold because there was some apparent momentum for IYD, and then she put her solo plans on hold when Fleetwood Mac had the momentum.

Lindsey didn’t have a true solo career. He tried in the early ‘90s, but it didn’t work out. After that, his solo work was more extracurricular, large machine vs. small machine. His solo tours are more artistic endeavors intended to make an artistic statement more than profit. I think Elle has said on a few occasions that One Man Show was his only tour (at least prior to 2013) that was profitable.

Not that one is better than the other, it’s just the reality of the situation.

LMAO..do you really think Stevie takes into consideration all of the people a FM tour employs? That's reaching pretty hard for somebody who can literally take the scenario of Christine returning and make it into a 15 minute speech about herself. A person who gets on stage at Music Cares and talks about herself. A person who wants to write a song about US Military soldiers and makes it about herself. A person who just openly admits to not wanting to do projects because it takes too much time and makes too little money.

But it's about the momentum and all of the people she's employing? An obligation to see something through? Right. Sure. Her only obligation is to cash the checks.

Honestly, at this point I think she could serve cat turds on toothpicks and call them fiesta weenies and people would run around ranting and raving about them....and then she would nominate herself for a James Beard award, followed up by a self appointed documentary.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-01-2019 at 09:09 AM..