View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Stevie Nicks 2012 – 2:22-3:08: youtube.com/watch?v=rEXglFYtGCk
“Fleetwood Mac is going out next year, but we’re not really making a record – because it would take us a year to make a record, and they have been wait[ing]. I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished. And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”

Stevie Nicks 2018 – 3:20-3:41: youtube.com/watch?v=346fynuN-b4
"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”

I bet Lindsey didn't even have the chance to say: "I'm sorry, but if you can't understand how important this is to me... " Because in Stevie's mind (God, what a place it must be! ) Lindsey already toured alone when he toured with Christine. She was in fact, jealous.

And I'd have loved to see Christine's face when $tevie said: "when you're in a band it's a team" No wonder she couldn't wait to tell Lindsey it was all $tevie!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.