View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Who would have thought “Over My Head” could have been the breakout single?

“Miranda” would have been my choice. It’s quirky and catchy.
Are you kidding me? Pretend its 1975 and especially Mac has been transformed from a Blues Band. Over My Head was the perfect first radio single. Stevie always said she never wanted them to release Rhiannon because no one thought it was a single and did not want to see it dragged through the mud.

The Mac released Warm Ways as its first single in England which turned out to not be a wise choice. Its a beautiful song but usually the best songs are not the most commercial ones unfortunately.

Speaking about David's post about going in a new direction with SYW singles...….. I would have loved for Isnt it Midnight be released as the first single from Tango. Its the album's best song IMHO. But the entire world was waiting for the first song from the Mac in 5 years. It would have been a hit even a small one. It may not have charted as well but would have made a statement. They could have releases all of their radio friendly singles afterwards which would have been just as successful. But this would have made the Mac more credible as a rock band. The Tango singles are pure pop commercial songs.

Don't get me wrong. Everybody finds out is my favorite from SYW and I would have released it as the first single. I am speaking in reality what the record company wants and thinks will be most likely a hit.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-05-2019 at 06:11 AM..