View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
In the 90s, a reunion of the Rumours band seemed an impossibility. Then after Christine left and became a hermit, her return seemed even more improbable. Which is exactly why I think Lindsey’s return is possible. Stevie made the ultimate power move and won. She’s now also the first woman to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice. She’s finally gotten the respect from the band and the industry. I can see Stevie inviting Lindsey back now that she’s made her point, with certain concessions of course. No more demands for a new album, etc.
After what she did, I think she lost Lindsey's respect. And in addition, his whole family's (and I'm not talking about his wife and kids. I'm talking about the family that welcomed her into their house when she was a teenager).

I also don't think Lindsey will ask anything of her, IF he ever comes back. I think he lost all kind of enthusiasm in working with these people again. And what's the point of coming back if he has to do what she wants?

He's probably more interested in working with Christine (and only Christine) again. He said it many times in his M&G.

Quote:
I can also see Chris putting her foot down about Lindsey returning, too. His whole ouster was planned & executed behind her back. Chris had to of been p!ssed. I suspect she was already contractually obligated to the tour, or she might have shut down this whole cover band embarrassment. If Chris were to walk away from the band after this tour, FM would be over. And that most certainly wouldn’t be in any of their interests.
She said to Lindsey that she was very dissapointed at Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.