View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
The 2013 love fest "Without You" tour was not a sham, in my view. Something changed and not just his so-called hateful smirk at Music Cares. Not just his disdain for the intro music being a Stevie Nicks song. I really think they had a major falling out ...maybe about the boring setlists and he didn't want to include stuff like Oh Well (Remember Mick said they would play Oh Well on 2013 European leg, then they never did) or Black Magic Woman, or Free Fallin' Tom Petty tribute. This is a major point of difference between the last 2014-15 tour and the 2018-19 tour... blues music has finally been included again, and a lot of new and older fans are very happy about that.
I don't think that that particular setlist with songs like Oh, Well or Black Magic Woman was the setlist in mind while Lindsey was still in the band. Those songs were included after Lindsey was fired.

I think his firing was much more simple and it had more to do with Stevie and her dislike of his behavior than with the dynamic of the band.

Happy New Year!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.