View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
THAT is the cold hard truth.

Love her or hate her, $he is the seat filler.
SN name fills half of the arena, FM brand fills the other half.

no-brand-name Buckingham McVie filled 3-5000 sheds same way as current FM is filling arenas (ie having somewhat of a hard time, same as Nicks / Pretenders girl-power-bill was having somewhat of a hard time filling arenas).

so while Nicks name is the only recognizable among the classic 5 in the US, let's stay real. saying FM brand would barely fill 1k seaters is a complete and utter bs and people throw that out there just to belittle the band.

plus, it always surprises me how some fans here seem to take the stand of what's best for the band /managers, and not what's best for the fans. y'all want to pay through the nose for a boring GH arena show, instead of seing your favorite in a more intimate setting doing more of their interesting deep cuts or new songs. i will never understand that. i will always prefer LB solo than LB with FM, there are so many more interesting tracks i can hear from him solo, plus he is so much more free to go off the cuff in that setting. lucky for fans like me, it looks like he's NGBA!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"