View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Of course. As MANY of us have stated before, she could have put a stop to this whole fiasco had she put her foot down and walked out the door with Lindsey. Then FM would not have been able to continue even though they probably would have, knowing Mick and how he operates. But with Lindsey and Chris both gone, Fleetwood Mac would just be Stevie Nicks' backup band and she already has one of those. So we blame Christine as much as the other two. Now even though I just agreed with you I do want to make it clear that I have chosen to forgive all of them and move forward in life. In this post I'm just rehashing history, and that is all.
Agree 100%. I really only wrote that because once a few weeks ago I posited that the situation couldn't possibly be the one so readily and disgustingly being discussed and I was shot down for the mere suggestion that either of the McVies could have an opinion/say. And many comments I read seemed almost willful in their refusal to imagine this as a professional and/or corporate and/or marketing issue. In other words, that either McVie could or would have some part in this. Writing it at all had more to do with cutting into the abhorrent "take sides" arguments all over the place than any feelings I might have.

I for one am really happy with what's come out of this.

Personally, I was over any trepidation as soon as I saw the setlist and the videos from the first show (many of which I think you shared—thank you, btw). That Ellen appearance was a disaster and was what brought me back to the message board to see what was up...

It's been great to revisit all their music and I listened to Kiln House for the first time ever after hearing that great Tell Me All The Things You Do!