View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I thought Rick left under bad circumstances? I think Chili knows the reason(straight from Rick), but has never shared it.
I doubt that Rick shared the reasons with Chili. I could be wrong, but Rick has always been very private about that, and his personal life in general. I just don't see him sharing that with a fan, even one he's probably met several times.

That having been said, I don't think it's too hard to imagine why he left. I seriously doubt it was just one thing. He seems to be a real family man, and Fleetwood Mac, at least in 1987-1990, was very demanding. And for what? One whole song (not even the great song), three co-writing credits, and no singles? Then, the girls were out, so how successful were future ventures really going to be? Rick could make more money touring as a sideman with Bonnie Raitt or Bob Seeger. Finally, there was, according to Stevie (during her bad period, so to be take with a grain of salt), the whole "Silver Springs" thing, and Rick was firmly in Stevie's corner. Just looking at things from Rick's POV, staying in that band would have been very difficult.

In the end, even if he left under bad circumstances, everybody associated with that band seems to be able to move on, if they so choose. I mean, look at how Stevie and Lindsey left, and their comments about the band made after they left. Hell, Bob Weston was in Lindsey's "Trouble" video! Forgiveness and healing are as much a part of Fleetwood Mac as is predictable set lists.

THE Stephen Hopkins