View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Like Lindsey himself said... the fact Lindsey was replaced with not one, but TWO guitarists speaks volumes about the quality of the incoming stock. The fact 2 guitarists replaced one could have actually been used to the band's advantage... it could have shown how serious the band was about mixing up it's formula, thus signaling a new beginning in the band's history. But both Rick and Billy were relegated as sort of a background sideshow, while the band was trying to pretend a major personnel change had NOT just happened.

Again, my whole problem with the '88-'95 era was simply the way everything was done. Some really interesting, cool music could have been made. I don't know though... Billy Burnette's rockabilly style really just didn't have a place within the band, and that's the way I feel. I do however think a big opportunity was missed with Rick, but that's ancient history now.
Of course, I never wanted Lindsey to leave FMac, but I much more preferred Billy to Rick Vito, especially when it came to vocals. Nothing wrong with Rick though. I like his solo work and work with FM. To me, Billy fit in well, especially since he'd already worked with members of Fleetwood Mac.