View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 AM
Registered

She has someone willing to post $300,000 bail for her, this that and the other. She must have some good dirt on the power brokers in that town.
wrote gldstwmn

It does seem like TMZ and Lohan are in business together, and minutes after her mugshot was taken on Friday, TMZ had the 'exclusive' photo. Someone at the LAPD got something for their effort, surely. So much money is changing hands, but it's all being done so much sloppier than it was with Paris Hilton this week. That is REAL money, old money, that the Hilton's have. And come on, PH was arrested in Vegas, where the Hilton Hotel generates millions for the state in tax revenue alone, of course Paris got off and of course some untouchables were paid to get Paris such a deal, in possession of weed AND cocaine, an ex-felon, and what, her third arrest? Fourth?
Lindsay's case has never been neat and clean, because it's Long Islanders with new-money at work, but they are learning fast how to play the slick, sick LA justice game. I am sure the Lohans and Harvey Levin are 'in bed together'-- if the truth of all that goes on between TMZ , The Lohans, the courts and the players (judges, attorneys) could truthfully be told, it'd make a hell of a movie. It's like TMZ is her career, and I bet they even helped with her release, and don't forget that TMZ was the first with the dirty drug tests information. It's like they build her up to tear her down, but when she is down, they try to help her out- why, to report her fall, again?
It's all cynical and sad, and so L.A. (I lived in Los Angeles for nearly 11 years, and it can be scary. A lot of unspeakable things get swept under the carpet). I left shortly after the long-forgotten Rodney King police beating and the riots that ensued afterward- when I heard windows breaking within blocks of where I worked, and it just seemed unsafer and unsafer every day, I got out.
A little more than a year later, there was the entire OJ Simpson money-making machine, and the poor murder victims were incidental. It was, it seems, all about business- the televised trial, endless commentaries on the newsmagazine shows and in the tabloid and mainstream media, book deals, Kato-celebrityism- it was really a low point for the justice system in Los Angeles, and in America.
I hope Lohan moves away from LA, it is toxic for her. And no, she is not blameless.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 09-25-2010 at 09:09 PM..