View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think Lindsey may not have ever wanted to do Oh Well again since the Dance, the last time he sang it was for the Mirage tour. It's a song I could do without on the set list, but I don't hate it.
They played "Oh Well" as recently as 2009, actually.

Quote:

Curious why you think Christine won't do Songbird? Because she isn't playing keyboards like she used to? Maybe they could use guitar instead. I would be ok without it, but it's a little hard for me to imagine she won't perform it.
When they dropped "Songbird" during the last tour, I kept hoping it was temporary and would come back when the "hand injury" healed, but it never did. It seemed to me that Christine just didn't want to do it anymore; the hand injury allowed her to break that tradition and once the tradition had been broken, she didn't want to bring it back.

Maybe Christine didn't want to do "Songbird" because of difficulty with the playing, or maybe it was because her voice is out there all alone during that song and there's no disguising any missteps. While those things can be fixed with changed arrangements, I think they'll just go the route of leaving it off entirely. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote:
I do think Stevie will pull out at least one rarely performed song, either Angel, That's Alright, or I Don't Want any to Know.
Lindsey has a prominent role in the latter two; the first started out as a BN song. It would also be pretty ironic to do IDWTK since it is the only Rumours song that has not been performed live.

What would really be appropriate would be to do "No Questions Asked" or "Paper Doll" - those are strong post-Lindsey songs and they've never been done before, to my knowledge.

Regarding older songs, apparently it's a done deal that they are doing "Rattlesnake Shake." I have no idea why Stevie is down with this when she was against "Come." Does she not know what it is about?? So gross.

If I were Neil, I would be "Um, Mick, I really would rather not sing about you doing that...how about Heart Beat Like A Hammer...Loved Another Woman...Stop Messin' Round... Love That Burns... I'll even just stand over here silently and we can all play Fighting for Madge... anything but Rattlesnake Shake...."

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-12-2018 at 01:49 PM..