View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
"Destiny Rules" and "Running Through the Garden" were dropped from the SYW tour rather quickly.

The fact is that despite the new narrative, those who remember the interviews where Stevie talked about how it was a bad idea to add more than four songs from Rumours during the 1977 tour know that it's simply not true that she's been gung-ho about taking risks with the FM setlist, despite what she's done on her own tours.

Additional thoughts on the topic....

I believe they will indeed play "Station Man." Stevie made an effort to bring it up (although she embarrassed herself with her inaccurate pegging of it as a Christine song) and now with Danny Kirwan's death, it's especially relevant.

"Oh Well" will be there, of course, but that was there with Lindsey, despite the collective amnesia about doing old songs with him in the band.

I think they will probably do "Black Magic Woman" and maybe one more old song, but I doubt they'll do more than four. I doin't think they'll drop them. Neil Finn needs something to do that's not a Lindsey song. He brings nothing Mac-related to the table unless they do new music, which will presumably be performed.

I'm sure they'll do "Don't Dream It's Over" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" with Mike Campbell on vocals, the latter probably preceded by several minutes of Stevie talking about how Tom Petty's death affected her personally. This speech will probably become longer and longer as the tour progresses, until it reaches the double digits.

"Stand Back" will perhaps also find its way into the setlist again. As to whether they'll do any more solo songs in addition to those two... perhaps one more, but I doubt any more than that.

It would be a pleasant surprise if she pulls out a never-before-performed Fleetwood Mac song, unless it's a song where Lindsey's part is prominent. Then, it would be lame.

They need to ditch any signature Lindsey/Stevie songs like "Silver Springs", "Gypsy", and "Landslide." Unfortunately, I fear they'll keep "Landslide" with Mike Campbell, and Stevie will do some icky kind of "cuddle Mike from behind as if he's Lindsey" thing, reinforcing the whole "I've replaced Lindsey" angle.

"World Turning" and Mick's extended drum solo, complete with him prancing about and spitting for an extended period from center stage, will no doubt be featured once more.

I'm sure there will be a shameless performance of "The Chain."

Obviously they'll do the big hits including "Go Your Own Way" despite it being a Lindsey song and of course all of Stevie and Christine's hits, including "Don't Stop."

I think "Songbird" will never be performed again.
This is a well written post and you make compelling points. I don't agree that Landslide and especially Gypsy are considered Stevie and Lindsey signature songs, though. Silver Springs, yes, Landslide and Gypsy, no. That's a matter of opinion, though, no wrong and no right.

I think Lindsey may not have ever wanted to do Oh Well again since the Dance, the last time he sang it was for the Mirage tour. It's a song I could do without on the set list, but I don't hate it.

Curious why you think Christine won't do Songbird? Because she isn't playing keyboards like she used to? Maybe they could use guitar instead. I would be ok without it, but it's a little hard for me to imagine she won't perform it.

I do think Stevie will pull out at least one rarely performed song, either Angel, That's Alright, or I Don't Want any to Know.