View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
I've been thinking about this and I was wondering what you all think would have been the reaction or reactions if Stevie were the one that was fired. I personally don't think that there would be nearly the backlash that there is for Lindsay being fired.

The biggest (stated) reason for the backlash from most fans seems to be that the classic lineup is gone therefore "the magic" that is Fleetwood Mac is gone. That's somewhat valid. Part of me also thinks that a lot of Lindsey Buckingham fans feel that he was wronged, even though no one seems to yet know a hundred per-cent what the exact reasons were. I can understand if you're a a fan of Lindsay being upset about it though, because you care about him and his career. I also think an unstated reason for the backlash could be the fact that when Lindsey's with Fleetwood Mac and they're up on that big stage, his career is validated when he's up there with the four of them. Therefore his fans feel validated as well. I could be wrong though.

Personally, if Stevie was fired from this band it wouldn't bother me at all. Sure I'd be upset if they fired her for no reason or for a horrible reason, but I'd get over it pretty quickly knowing that she'd be touring solo. And as far as the concept of seeing Fleetwood Mac without Stevie, I would have to see what the new line up would be and decide from there.

As said before, it will be interesting to see what the band members have to say once they start doing press for this new tour. They are probably being coached as we speak as to what the answer will be to the question, why was Lindsay fired? Stevie will probably be the one you'll have to watch out for, as she has sort of been a loose cannon the past few years with some of her interviews.
It'll be interesting that's for sure.

Jamie
If they tour Europe or Australia, she'll definitely be more candid with the press. They always seem to get the dirt.

I agree with your assessment. And I wouldn't be upset if Stevie were the one to be fired because she's well established and known in the music world; has legions of fans; and has a good shot at being inducted into the RRHoF as a solo artist at some point. She's received all the glory.

Whereas Lindsey's situation is generally the opposite. His legacy has been that he's underrated and underappreciated, despite being the "principle architect of Fleetwood Mac" (anyone remember that reference?). His firing supports this view in the Lindsey camp. I can understand both sides.

For me, I've distanced myself from the Fleetwood Mac world over the years. I used express outage when similar spats arose in the past. After going back to school, starting a career, and rekindling the relationships that were actually important to me, I realized I was too close to this band, people I did not even know! What's worse, I was advocating for MILLIONAIRES I did not know.

I'm still a true blue fan of every member of the band, and my focus is only on the music. But now I don't lose sleep over their politics and personal business.

Last edited by SpyNote; 04-25-2018 at 09:17 PM..