View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yep, I know over the years when this has come up, people have said the timeline doesn't work for that to be a knock on the whole Silver Springs/Timespace issue - but I have to think it meant SOMETHING. She didn't randomly screw up lyrics or pull a Rhiannon switcheroo. She was saying something to someone. It really works perfectly to tell Mick off "take your silver SPRINNGGS and dig your graaave!"

Get on her bad side and a lyric change is the lightest thing she could do to you. If Mick pulled that today she'd fire him and bring in Steve Ferrone to be the drummer.
Oh wow, was not aware this has come up before. The timeline absolutely makes sense. Stevie talks about how her record company came to her about a "best of" album but she needed to finish a Fleetwood Mac world tour. The tour ended in December 1990. Sometimes Its A Bitch was out as a single 7 months later. She would have been planning her "best of" album while still on tour and especially during the break when Christine's father died. I cant remember if I caught it live and if I did no one would know the context. Stevie was threatening Mick with legal action about his book at this time too.
Yes, she is leaving the band, Mick wont give her Silver Springs and she says, yeah ok I'm leaving, take Silver Springs and dig your grave and no one will come to see you in concert. LMAO and that is exactly what happened. The Mac was playing night clubs 4 years later.

Has anyone listened to early 1990 concerts from Australia or before the cancellation where she says silver spoon instead of silver springs?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-13-2019 at 04:29 PM..