View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Of course it was a dig. Where is everyone's sense of humor

That thread is the Rumours or Mona Lisa of this board. Perhaps the greatest posting of all time.

Little Lies stands on its own. Lindsey's departure had nothing to do with the success of the song. It should have been the lead single and could have reached #1. But I realize Lindsey got screwed on Mirage for his songs not being played (his words, not mine) and he sort of deserved the lead single after all he went through to make the album happen. Go back in a time machine and pretend its March 1987 and you never ever heard Big Love yet and you got an advance listen to Tango In The Night. You are the record company, what do you pick as your lead single? Little Lies of course. It has huge cross over appeal and features all 3 singers (at least we think so). Its also quite catchy. Its like the Hold Me of Tango. Fleetwood Mac was a 70s supergroup and most people would not even know or care he left the band in 1987 except core fans. The song stands on its own. Tiffany, Billy Idol and that crappy Dirty Dancing song blocked Little Lies from the top spot in November 1987. Even on 80s channels you rarely hear Big Love. Its one of those songs that was a quick race up the charts and you never hear again. You hear Little Lies everywhere all the time. If it was the lead single it would have taken Tango to the top. Then Big Love, then Everywhere. Seven Wonders could have been the swan song of the album

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-04-2022 at 11:43 AM..