View Single Post
Old 04-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FAVES-----

Everybody Finds Out - Contrary, ironic, saucy, aggressive. The bass line is insistent and the climax is a killer. I can just see her shaking that mike stand and waving her skirt. That's the Stevie I love.

Miranda - The taunting, bouncing energy is great. Love the play of the two voices. Lindsey at his best.

Illume - Some very clunky lyrics screaming for an editor, but the production is hypnotic and relentless. The last verse is brilliant singing from Miss N.

Murrow - Madness, but tuneful, deliberate madness. Inescapable.

PK - Catchy, propulsive beat and a soaring chorus. The sense of foreboding and danger are almost real enough to touch. Classic.

Trying To Like -----

Come - Jarring changes distract the heck right outta me.

SYW - Can't get it out of my mind that this is a wanna be Chris song. Plus, the kids are annoying and border on creepy.

Say Goodbye - Such a graceful, pretty melody, but the frantic, insistent guitar clashes. Gives me a headache. Want to turn the guitar down 50%.

RTTG - Great vocal. I am trying so hard to adjust to that wacky instrumentation. Is that a 100 dollar 1981 Casio keyboard from Radio Shack ?

Misses -----

Destiny Rules - Stellar, until the Illume verse TRAIN WRECKS the song. What was that thing on Electric Company ? "Which one of these things does not belong?" Then they show an apple, a banana, an orange, and a hammer. That verse is a big ass rusty hammer. The song does not recover. A vile disappointment, as this song starts out to be cohesive and sensible. In fact, I love the first 2/3 of it. Big drag.

Silver Girl - Oh man. The chorus is kind of sweet, but this clunker is straight outta Street Angel. Stevie at her navel gazing worst.

This is certainly subject to change. Knee deep in a new music festival with this, Rosanne Cash and Lisa Marie Presley (which is far better than I ever expected it to be).