View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what Stevie couldn't get over:

A relatively widely publicized Fleetwood Mac project was started regardless of her commitment written on the bottom line.

Her bluff was called and the project was still released. It was a Fleetwood Mac album minus Stevie Nicks and all of the positive press called this out.

Despite Lindsey and Christines effort to twist the plot and NOT throw her under the bus by saying it "evolved into a duets album"

For the better part of 2 years Fleetwood Mac essentially carried out a project despite her absence and it was well received. It also proved for the first time since 1997 that Stevie Nicks didn't have the upper hand in Fleetwood Mac anymore.

...and she sure did see to changing that.

In my mind, the day they announced that album was being released was essentially waging war in the eyes of the Nicks camp. It wasn't a matter of what her reaction would be, it was when and how. As much as I loved the album and tour, I would cringe every time I thought of how it was settling with Nicks. We all knew this wasn't going to be good, but I don't think anyone expected that nut to go nuclear.

Last edited by BigAl84; 07-10-2019 at 02:13 PM..