View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for posting this. I am curious about the book, because I feel like Fleetwood Mac is a band that there is little we don't already know about them. Same thing with Stevie Nicks. I really can't imagine there will be anything in this book that will surprise us. And the things I'm really interested in, such as more details about Stevie's recording process, successes and frustrations with certain albums, songs, or producers, etc, the author probably won't have any idea about.

I would love to read how the band (and Stevie in her solo work) decides which songs to perform live. Any rituals they perform before they go on stage? We know they like to tour, but why exactly? The money? The applause? How did they feel when they found out Bob Welch died? What was it like filming some of their videos? How did Stevie feel about recording Behind the Mask? Was she happy with the album? She supposedly didn't get along with the producer of Street Angel- why not? Why did she agree to work with him? Was it her decision and then did she come to regret it, or was it out of her hands in the first place?

That was something I really loved about Billy Burnette's autobiography- he wrote about little things FM did, like how much they spent on making albums, different parties at Stevie's house and the famous people who were there, and how the band used to jam in the hotel rooms after performing a concert- why do I have a feeling that NEVER happened until Billy and Rick Vito joined?! I would love it if this book had stories like that, but without input from Stevie, I don't see how it could.
Some of your questions have been answered. The band never liked making videos but like most bands were pretty much forced to do so in the video age. Both Chris and Stevie had said they missed the days when a song was a personal interpretation when you heard it on the radio instead of some slick movie style interpretation.
Stevie stated on her 1989 Rockline interview that she loved the "new" Mac and the recording of Behind The Mask was much more rock n roll compared to how it had been before.
They all expressed their condolences with the death of Bob Welch but the bigger question is why the band kept him from the Rock N Roll hall of fame. I know Bob sued but I cant believe royalties from these earlier albums would turn the band against him. If that is true, that is unbelievable. The Mac has more money than they know what to do with. Their relationship with Bob was so good until the last 15 years of his life.

Have you read Mick's first book? That book has amazing stories. He really tells lots of incredible stories like the time Stevie and someone else was supposed to pick him up at an airport in Hawaii but Stevie and this person (I forget who it was) took micro dot acid and they could not find their way to the airport and were laughing so hard. How the Australians thought the Mac were international drug dealers and would almost strip search the band at airports. But I really enjoyed him telling the story of his stalker would stalked him for years. One day she found him at some hotel somewhere. It was so funny. Also Lindsey and Mick share a joint and Lindsey tells Mick he knows he has been secretly seeing Stevie. Lots of juicy goodies like that and how out of control Stevie was on the RAL tour with her falling off the stage several times. The time in New Zealand where Lindsey attacked Stevie on stage. They all ran off stage to get to Lindsey and Christine got there first and gave Lindsey a big punch

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-26-2017 at 06:00 AM..