View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Peter Green at 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post

Well, firstly thanks to everybody at the Ledge for sharing infos and reviews, all of you are doing a great job to keep Peter's legacy alive.

Then, I listened to the Paradiso gig and even though there's is room to improvement, I like this new jazzy/relaxed musical direction. I think we can breathe almost a kind of "unplugged and seated" atmophere which I truly believe is okay for the 63 years old Peter.

It's great to see that Peter has now a more central position to the show and all in all that he seems to be at easy and happy with this new band.

Personality-wise Mike Dodds is cleary a better onstage partner then NW ever was.

He isn't a great singer, but I like most of the background vocals he and the rest of the band sing.

Overall, a good start, so let's hope that this Greeny's adventure, his third comeback will be a new beginning with a least a happy ending!
Thank You mario for being an ear for us.

I can only hope that i get to see Peter green again playing in the US. I missed the splinter group sojourns to the states for whatever reasons.
I am sure the band is evaluating what went well and what did not. I know from personal experience, that criticsim of musicians and performers is one of the most tricky things one can do. "They are a very sensitive lot" Of course that is what makes them artists. I do hope they go on and grow from this first tour and that Peter is engaged enough to want to continue.
now my wish list:

I hope they work on the sound balance to really highlight the star of the show. As much as he wants to be a part of the band, we all know why the audience is there. If it is done right the crowd might be able to appreciater Peter in his present form and try not to hold him up to someone forty years in the past, I only wish him the best in whatever he wants to do.
And last I hope he wants to come back to the US

vinnie c