View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A few more things I wanted to mention:

Michele, you made that really funny comment about Stevie saying SOTM hadn't been done since 1981 and that she was getting closer, and we would get her to say 1982 eventually. Well last night after SOTM, she just said thank you with no mention at all of when the song was last done. I guess she's tired of trying to guess right. By the way, after reading some mixed reviews of the song, I thought it totally worked, and there's no reason she shouldn't sing it more often.

During the Landslide intro, Stevie said she had written it in 1973 and had no idea it was going to become such a hallmark song for her and FM. This made me laugh because wasn't it just last year's solo tour when she was saying that after she wrote it, she knew it would be an important song?

There were a few twirls at the end of Gypsy, but not during the middle of Stand Back. Was last night an anomoly, or did that change after she hurt her knee?

Also, I haven't been watching YouTube videos, so I don't know if this is typical, but the GDW wail was really great. I hope video of it turns up because it's already such a clouded memory, but it was like it had two parts; she did the normal thing, then paused and added more. After seeing it so many times, this song really seemed to have new life.

OK, I think I'm done now.