View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69
This is my all time favorite song. I never tire of it ever. Now see I know everyone thinks of this as a kiss off song but sometimes I wonder. He sounds so hurt and sad sometimes during this song. Set to a different melody and speed, the angry tone of this song may not have been there.

Loving you, isn't the right thing to do

This could be taken 2 ways. Also could it be because you don't want me?

How can I ever change things that I feel

wondering how he could stop loving her.

If I could baby I'd give you my world
How can I when you won't take it from me

he's basically saying he still loves her here but she dont want him no mo.

I know the packing up shackin up line is kind of angry. but then we have....

Open up everything's waiting for you

I take the "everything" to mean him/his love. Also the guitar solo has a certain sadness to it. A friend of mine says that the guitar sounds like it's crying. I truly adore this amazing piece of music.

Jeez i got to much time on my hands.
What a beautiful assessment of this song. I've always loved it for the "love" factor. I've always thought that "How can I ever change things that I feel" was equivelent to Stevie's "So I'll begin not to love you.." meaning that they both had to deal with shaking off this love and moving on.

In the "Open up - everything's waiting for you part"...it seems like he trying to tell her he loves her and will give her his world - but she's too closed up to see it. Which matches Stevie's "I said I loved you years ago" but has to convince herself "tell myself, you never loved me....no." It seems they are just not on the same page with this relationship. He wants to give her his love, but she "won't take it from me"...but she thinks he doesn't really love her.

Man - this should be a soap opera on VH1.