View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Interesting thread (since I'm new, I have not read the previous threads like this).

Kate Bush would never want to be part of this notoriously dysfunctional band. She's extremely private and doesn't enjoy performing live, historically. After her very first tour she never toured again. Yes, her London Hammersmith residency a few years back was insanely popular and great, had a number of friends fly overseas for it and it blew their minds, but having a 13 date residency in your nearest hometown is a lot different from joining an aging and endlessly dramatic band loaded with baggage on a world tour. I'm sure she'd rather live in peace with her family, any day of the week.

I love and adore Susanna Hoffs. Interesting idea that I could see sort of working. Though anyone who would sign up to "replace Stevie" is just begging to be heckled for the rest of their lives by Stevie's crowd, and I would not wish that on SH or anyone else I love for that matter. haha.

Ann Wilson has some of the best singing chops on the planet... but that means her singing Stevie's songs would probably be pretty dull for her, given Stevie's limited range. I guess she could always mix it up and make things interesting and unique in her own way, especially given her range, but again, people would probably heckle endlessly and she doesn't need that with her career.

Jenny Lewis? Maybe. Brandi Carlile? Maybe. I see the points that they're more relevant to the younger crowds but also... not nearly the star power overall. But alongside LB and Chris they'd probably balance out just fine and they'd probably jump at the chance (or maybe not, if they're also scared of the drama and heckling).

Never a big fan of the Sheryl Crow thing. She doesn't interest me much.

Love these hypotheticals haha