View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I absolutely believe that Lindsey wanted to do solo concert dates during the FM tour, and that that was why he's not touring with them now. I even shared this theory myself days ago. And I see both pov but ultimately, I understand why the band didn't like the idea at all and didn't agree to it. Two reasons: he would have been competing with the band for tickets, press, etc. Second, he would have been happier performing his solo shows, and that would have been obvious at the FM shows, kind of like how he was at the East/West Coast FM shows. And I don't believe for one second Christine would have performed with him. She's content to perform with FM live and anyway, Lindsey wants to promote his new solo album.

Pure speculation now on my part, which I wouldn't normally share but since everyone else has, I may as well- what if Lindsey was the one who gave the ultimatum? "Either I get to do my solo tour on off days or I won't tour with you guys at all."
this has got to STOP. what is above is NOT a speculation. Rick Turner has no reason to make up stuff. he told us what happened.

there is more to the backstory though - "him or me" came from several separate sources - but you are right, it has not been shared publicly.

(sorry, the gotta STOP part is not to you specifically, i'm just so tired of fans saying it, when confronted with facts.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"