View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Lindsey never fully committed to tour in 1987. Some of the promoters were busy planning and expecting a tour. You cant set up a tour at the last minute. I clearly remember listening to a Fleetwood Mac radio Tango in the Night promotion. It was a 2 hour promo with interview with all the band members. Big Love was just released as a single. Lindsey was asked directly about a tour and he said something like "there are no plans yet but there is silence on this issue. Then he laughingly said I don't know what that silence means so its possible."
To sue someone civilly you must claim damages. What would be Fleetwood Mac's damages? Lets be real, the band did not pay Rick and Billy as much as they would Lindsey. In addition, the "Shake the Cage Tour" was quite extensive. I don't think Lindsey would have agreed to such a long world tour. Long story short, the band made more money than if Lindsey stayed. Lindsey would have responded to their complaint with plenty of ammo. Mick bought drugs in his driveway while recording Tango. Stevie was such a mess. He did not want to be around the substance abusers.
I really doubt the band wanted this openly discussed in the public. Most important. Its really hard if not impossible to keep someone in a band they no longer want to be a part of. Even Mick admits that one reason Lindsey did Tango was to help Mick get out of bankruptcy and legacy for the band. He sacrificed his own solo album for Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey lost millions of dollars for not touring in 1987-1988. His sanity was worth more than money.
There was no contract to tour. The band had no damages. The band was grateful for Lindsey turning his solo album into a hit Mac album.
Tango In the Night recordings: Hadn't Lindsey suffered enough

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-16-2018 at 08:51 AM..