View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Mick's tone, innuendo and actual statements lately make me think they (the 4 stooges) didn't actually think Lindsey's departure would resonate as much, as far, and as long as it has. So now, he's being snarky. He got caught in a big lie, this tour is not doing as well as a final tour with the Rumours 5 would have (I am assuming they are done after this) 5 dates in Europe and a 2 of 5 star review!! OUCH. Neil Finn saved FM? Please, he can't even carry the guitar parts on his own. The press around this tour really has been abysmal. Lindsey is the focus of huge chunks of these interviews (another reason they are probably getting snarky) It's not about the music anymore. Oh---and Stevie is doing ZERO press.
Even though this tour has been successful (before any Stevie’s fan claims how many tickets they’re selling), I don’t think they could have imagined how much support Lindsey would have. Stevie clearly thought everybody was there to see her. Right....

They’re probably tired of dealing with so many questions about Lindsey and at this point they can fool no journalist with their “Lindsey quit the band” speech.

Stevie should know by now that doing ZERO press raises a lot of suspicions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It definitely could be. It's the hardcore fans that are irate. He may not pay attention to the reviews, but I would think Azoff does, and I think Stevie does too. Her brand is what enabled them to pull this stunt. Imagine if she walked away now too....FM is tarnishing HER brand Because she would see it that way. I'll give her this, she's much smarter in thinking ahead than Mick is. Mick thinks he can hole up in Hawaii for a few months, let the dust settle and call up ol Lindsey for a gig on his next album, just like nothing ever happened.
I bet Stevie can’t wait for this tour to be over and leave all those losers behind.

And I definitely can see Mick knocking on Lindsey’s door once Stevie decides she doesn’t want to tour with them anymore. I hope Lindsey has better things to do than trying to give a closure to his beloved legacy with the band.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.