View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
I'm obsessed with Stevie Nicks, which makes me uninteresting and ridiculous. Guess that Stevie's birthday isn't a good occasion to talk about my interests. Worst friends in the world.
Your friends are idiots. Being a huge Stevie Nicks fan makes you interesting and unique. I guarantee you that any time one of your friends hears a Fleetwood Mac song, they think of you. Do you have associations that strong for any of them? Probably not.

Edit:

Eventually they'll grow up and realize how much fun it is that you're as enthusiastic about Stevie as you are. My friends gave me a hard time in high school for liking Stevie the way I do. They would "bah" like goats, talk about her weight, talk about how strange it was that I liked her so much, ask me to stop talking about her as often as I do, etc.

I've gotten four calls between last night and today (from day to day friends, not Fleetwood Mac friends) to either wish me a Merry Nicksmas or play a song through the other end of the phone. Three facebook friends have made their statuses some sort of "It's Stevie Nicks bday" derivative. My favorite so far was a guy who I had a slight fling with saying "Merry Nicksmas, I know it's an important day to people of your faith." A girl I don't even like from one of my classes said that she heard it was Stevie Nicks's birthday, and it made her miss me.

Moral of the story, when your friends are ready to see how cool you are, they'll see that you're REALLY f-ing cool.
You're so like me

Last edited by LikeAWillow; 05-26-2010 at 11:05 AM..