View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
I have all 4 STC albums and you are right , Les Harvey is the guitar man.
I guess i was impressed with live footage from Ode to John Law era, didnt like so much w/Jimmy (R.I.P.)

On the album sleeve says

Les Harvey was electrocuted by his guitar and died on stage during a gig @ Swansea`s
Top Rank Ballroom May 3 , 1972 . (R.I.P.)

.....peace
no probs at all, my friend! we're all here to exchange infos and points of views, and personal opinions more often than not are as different as we all are - simple as that.

just the same there are many different sources of information on one and the same topic. but not everything that is printed on paper or makes its appearance in headlines or on the net is true - with all imaginable percentages of truth.

for a long time i also thought that les harvey died in front of an audience in swansea. it seems to be confirmed, though, that this accident (by simultaneously touching the mike and the guitar, one of them not being grounded properly) occurred during the soundcheck before the concert, which never happened in the end. but i'm sure you'll agree with me that it sounds far more SENSATIONAL to sell this electrocution "on stage" as "during the concert", right?!

apropos: that mama cass elliott (from the mamas & the papas) choked to death on a sandwich may be popular belief for ages just as well, but it's simply not true! and if you check out this board here closely (if you haven't done already), you'll read more than enough about similar cases concerning the mac in general, or its members specifically (no electrocutions or sandwiches, though - as far as i know). but see, that's what unscrupulous journalists can do for you . . .

peace - martin