Old 03-05-2015, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Hello folks!

According to article on encyclopedia.com,

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3430300024.html

where they say

...." He accepted an offer to replace the guitarist in Stone the Crows, but pulled out two days before the band was supposed to debut with Green as its new guitarist".....????

As i remember great Les Harvey died on stage 1972.....

Stone the crows was one of my favor band ever....
My mind just wonder if.....
here's what maggie bell had to say about this:
"I met Peter Green in 1972 through Steve Thompson who'd been with John Mayall and who played bass in my band, Stone The Crows. Steve said that Peter had been out of the limelight for somewhile and would be good to get as a replacement for Les Harvey [who died on stage in May 1971 (sic!)]. We picked him up at the station and he had this rucksack and his hair cut really short and looking very healthy. We were supposed to do this festival and we spent six weeks rehearsing at Ronnie Leahy's house. He was playing so well right through rehearsals, and then two days before the festival we got a phone call to say that he couldn't make it. It just wasn't to be. Peter was a very quiet and shy person; he seemed to think that people were looking at him or taking the piss. Fame can be a terrible thing ... Peter wasn't into all that; he'd just as easily sleep on your sofa, he despised money. As long as he had enough to get along, enough for a packet of cigarettes and a couple of beers, he was quite happy."
(according to harry shapiro in mojo magazine, may 1994)

just for truth's sake - les harvey actually died at a soundcheck before a concert at the top rank ballroom in swansea on may 3rd, 1972.