View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I am currently closer than I've ever been to figuring out this BT stuff. This is like the fifth time I've tried. At least it LOOKS like I might be successful in about another 60 hours. If I'm not, just listen for the scream heard round the world.
Just download it - you can figure it out afterwards... If you able to download that's pretty much half the battle won. That's what I did when I first was trying to figure it out. It took me a whole weekend to wrap my brain around all the instructions... and I know it all sounds confusing, but it's really quite simple when you have the right tools and kind of neat frankly. The reason it's slow is there must not be many people seeding the discs... meaning as you are downloading you are uploading at the same time to others... If you cancel the download once you've got what you need... then it takes you out of the download/upload pool that provides others with the sessions. That's why it's important and pretty much a rule that if you download something of this nature, it's common courtesy to upload the same amount for others. Keeps things flowing and more people can take advantage of it.

I just kept using google and searching bit torrent instructions and read as much as possible to get a consensus on what to do...