View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Yes. That's why we haven't had a Fleetwood Mac album yet. Because she isn't fussed about it. The rest are ready, she's not. Who has the most power in Fleetwood Mac? Stevie Nicks. Who thinks they have the most power in the band? Lindsey Buckingham. He's now realising this as the record company is saying to him "She's touring solo out there selling out arenas and you think you can do something without her?! Don't make me laugh!!!"
except they don't have a record company.

see, the way the tone of your post strikes me is that for some reason you sound pi**d at LB. that's why i'm so confused about the title of this thread - seems there are many more who spell out their dislike for LB or other band members, than there are people "hating" on SN.

you are very right that they didn't release a new album in the last 10 years because Nicks did not want to record, for whatever reason that is. but you seem to be projecting whatever your opinion about Nicks and Buckingham and their relationship is onto some warped picture of FM power structure as a band. i do think that what you call a "record company" is actually all different band managers who need the band to make money for them, so they have a role you are talking about. and there's no doubt Nicks is the money maker in that band, so managers would insist the rest of the band caters to her. as far as the band members, i agree with you that there is a difference between who does the work in the band, who has the ideas, who pulls different strings, who is easy or hard to work with, who is the creative force, who is the face of the band, etc etc. and we all know that the picture the public sees, or the picture projected, may not be what really happens behind the scenes.

if there is a boss in that band though, or somebody who has the last word, i think it is probably Mick Fleetwood. and if he wants to make sure they can still make tons of money, he needs to appease Nicks, and will not let the new music coming out under Fleetwood Mac moniker. which is a shame, but we know the man is bad with his money. so i guess we wait and see, and as long as the music comes out next year, i for one will be more than happy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"