View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Today in rock history; Def Leppard invades MTV, Springsteen turns down a record deal, and Nicks-Buckingham goes Mac

Today in rock history: on this date in 1975, British band Fleetwood Mac released its tenth album. The self-titled album is significant in that, after many years as a blues-based outfit and lineup changes, this is the first release to feature the lineup that would lead the band to the greatest success it would ever experience. At the request of drummer Mick Fleetwood, a brand new lead guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham was added to the lineup along with his then girlfriend, Stevie Nicks. Both were accomplished singers and songwriters as well and their addition to the band would prove vital to the it's popularity. The album climbed to the very top of the charts and spawned three massive hit singles "Over My Head," "Say You Love Me" and "Rhiannon." This was the first in the new era of Fleetwood Mac and it would set the stage for its next release in 1977, the record-breaking smash, Rumors.

http://www.cltampa.com/music/music-n...ngham-goes-mac
10th album has the same title as the 1st album
the one where I really fell in love with them, Rumours seemed like part 2 of this when it came out, to me anyway...
I adore all three classic eras.